The Open Ocean Trustees consider monitoring and adaptive management throughout their restoration efforts. To find project-related monitoring and adaptive management information, click on the projects listed in the table above, or view a project’s monitoring activities through our interactive project map.
In addition to project-specific monitoring, we developed a Monitoring and Adaptive Management Strategy (PDF, 23 pages) that provides a framework to inform restoration planning and evaluate the outcomes of Open Ocean restoration.
The Open Ocean Restoration area also has Monitoring and Adaptive Management Activity Implementation Plans.
- Vessel Surveys for Abundance and Distribution of Marine Mammals and Seabirds
- Informing Gulf Sturgeon Population Status and Trends as a Baseline to Evaluate Restoration
- Juvenile Gulf Sturgeon - Gulf-wide Population Dynamics and Habitat Use
- Evaluating the Cumulative Impacts of Multiple Stressors on Cetaceans
- Analysis of Open Ocean Habitat Use, Threats, and Animal Movement
- Conceptual Model to Inform Open Ocean Ecosystem Indicators
- Gulf-Wide Status of Nesting Sea Turtles and Beaches Data Inventory
- Evaluation Framework for Marine Mammal and Sea Turtle Restoration