Louisiana Trustees Release Draft Supplement Restoration Plan for Cypremort State Park Improvements Project
The Louisiana Trustee Implementation Group has released the Draft Supplemental Restoration Plan and Environmental Assessment for the Cypremort Point State Park Improvements Project Modifications (PDF, 98 pages). The modifications under consideration include replacing the original proposed breakwater system project feature with other recreational use features.
The Cypremort Project, with the breakwater system, was initially approved in the July 2018 Final Restoration Plan and Environmental Assessment #4 and had an estimated cost of $4.48 million. Since Restoration Plan #4 was approved, an alternative source of funds was found for the breakwater system.
The Draft Supplemental Restoration Plan/Environmental Assessment evaluates three action alternatives:
- Alternative A includes the components of the original Cypremort Improvements Project that were approved for funding but are not currently completed: improvements to an existing rock jetty, beach reclamation, construction of a marsh boardwalk and trail, and road and parking lot repairs.
- Alternative B, the preferred alternative, includes the same components as in Alternative A and a new set of improvements at Cypremort Point State Park: an RV campground with approximately 30 new paved pull-through campsites with sewer, water, and electrical tie-ins; two mobile bathhouses with sewer, water, and electrical tie-ins; and a boat dock/fishing pier.
- Alternative C includes the same components as Alternative B but eliminates the mobile bathhouses.
The estimated cost of the preferred alternative, Alternative B, is $4.48 million.
The modifications under consideration to the Cypremort Improvements project are consistent with the restoration alternatives selected in the 2016 Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill Final Programmatic Damage Assessment and Restoration Plan.
Public Comment and Webinar
The public is encouraged to review and comment on the draft plan. The public comment period will begin on April 20, 2020 and extend through May 20, 2020. Comments may be made online, by mail, or during the public webinar.
- Online: https://parkplanning.nps.gov/
- By mail:
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
P.O. Box 29649
Atlanta, GA 30345
We will hold a public webinar on April 28, 2020 at 12:00 pm CT. We will present the draft plan and take written comments submitted through the webinar.
- Register for the webinar at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2110487686130281741
- After registering, participants will receive a confirmation email with instructions for joining the webinar. A GoToWebinar system check is recommended before attending.
- Draft Supplemental Restoration Plan and Environmental Assessment for the Cypremort Point State Park Improvements Project Modifications (PDF, 98 pages)
- Cypremort Point State Park Improvements Project Modifications Fact Sheet - English (PDF, 3 pages)
- Cypremort Point State Park Improvements Project Modifications Fact Sheet - Vietnamese/tiếng Việt (PDF, 3 pages)