Information from Trustee Council’s June Workshop and Annual Meeting Available
Outreach materials are now available from the June 5 and 6 Deepwater Horizon Natural Resource Trustees' public events in Pensacola, Florida.
The first event, a community outreach workshop, helped community members and stakeholders learn more about restoration funding and processes, and how to get involved in Gulf restoration by proposing projects to the Trustees. The second event, the Trustees’ fourth annual public meeting, provided an update on our work since our last meeting in July 2018.
You can view all the materials presented at the meetings--including the presentations and fact sheets--below.
Community Outreach Workshop
The Trustees' community outreach workshop in Pensacola on June 5 focused on the basics of the Deepwater Horizon Natural Resource Damage Assessment process and how it compares to other Gulf restoration efforts as well as how to effectively propose restoration project ideas. The workshop also provided an opportunity for dialogue between community members and some of the Trustees’ staff, as well as staff from the RESTORE Council.
- Community Outreach Presentation (PDF, 33 pg)
The Trustees and representatives of the seven Trustee Implementation Groups, responsible for planning and implementing restoration projects for the natural resources injured by the Deepwater Horizon oil spill, gave updates on their progress over the last year.
The public meeting also included an opportunity for the public to provide comments to the Trustees after the presentation. This meeting also served as the annual public meeting of the Regionwide Trustee Implementation Group.
Public Meeting Presentations:
- Full Presentation (PDF, 51 pg)
- Transcript of Remarks and Public Comment (PDF, 46 pg)
Public Meeting Fact Sheets:
- Trustee Council: English (PDF, 2 pg) and Vietnamese (PDF, 2 pg)
- Data and Website Navigation: English (PDF, 1 pg) and Vietnamese (PDF, 1 pg)
- Monitoring and Adaptive Management: English (PDF, 2 pg) and Vietnamese (PDF, 2 pg)
- Regionwide Restoration Area: English (PDF, 2 pg) and Vietnamese (PDF, 2 pg)
- Open Ocean Restoration Area: English (PDF, 2 pg) and Vietnamese (PDF, 2 pg)
- Alabama Restoration Area: English (PDF, 3 pg) and Vietnamese (PDF, 3 pg)
- Florida Restoration Area: English (PDF, 4 pg) and Vietnamese (PDF, 4 pg)
- Louisiana Restoration Area: English (PDF, 5 pg) and Vietnamese (PDF, 5 pg)
- Mississippi Restoration Area: English (PDF, 3 pg) and Vietnamese (PDF, 3 pg)
- Texas Restoration Area: English (PDF, 3 pg) and Vietnamese (PDF, 3 pg)
For more detailed information about Trustee and Implementation Group planning activities and project implementation last year, the 2018 annual financial summary and annual project reports were released in May. Through December 31, 2018, the implementing Trustees have expended approximately $555.3 million for restoration activities. The 2016 settlement with BP included up to $8.8 billion for restoration to address natural resource injuries from the spill.
Stay up to date on the Trustees’ work and other news by signing up for Gulf Spill Restoration email updates.