Overview of the Comprehensive Restoration Plan
The Trustees undertook an assessment of the natural resources affected by the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
The full plan is more than 1,000 pages long and gives detailed information on:
- The Deepwater Horizon incident
- The Gulf of Mexico ecosystem
- Injury to natural resources
- Restoring natural resources
- Environmental consequences of implementing restoration alternatives
- Governance structure for implementing restoration
Recognizing that not everyone needs that level of detail, we created this easy-to-read overview (pdf, 3MB). It includes information on key components of the plan in a more concise format.